“You can’t pour from an empty cup.”
Fill up here with your weekly dose of winning tips while you preview next week on Hybrid Consonance.
Hybrid Consonance is a group of practices, habits, mindsets, and more, that contribute to Holistic High Performance.
I am here to serve you. I draw on my experience as an educator, musician, and writer. If you’re hungry to achieve more, live better, and do it with a smile – you’re in the right place.
“Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.”
–Eleanor Brown, writer on Medium.
Here are my top three tips of the week:
- I want to get to know YOU! I’ve been writing this blog to clarify my thoughts – but also to serve you, my readers. Who are you? Where are you from? What brought you here? Comment below, join me on social media (see the buttons on the top right) or better yet – fill in my survey. 🙂 I promise to reply to all communication. Let me know how I can best serve you!
2. Time for a relationship tune-up? Get a three-chapter preview of Judy Herman’s book “Beyond Messy Relationships: Divine Invitations To Your Authentic Self.” Judy writes from a very honest place and raw experience.
I have met Judy and seen her go from book idea to book publication in less than two years. Her willingness to share the good, bad, and ugly gives added weight to her perspective as a professional therapist. Read it here.
3. Listen. Sow. Write. These were my Words of the Week.
Listen: I continued to focus on listening to my body, but with various reasons around disrupted sleep, I realised even more how important it is to take time to LISTEN: Listen Intently. Think. Emote. Nourish.
Listening – taking time to think and feel – and feed and nourish your body is key!
Sow: With lots of projects on my plate, I needed to focus on sowing consistently – allocating and exerting effort regularly to reach my goals.
Write: A number of my projects involved writing – whether for work presentations, lessons, or articles on this blog. Sometimes all three at the same time.
Which word connects with you strongest this week?
Weekly Review: Wins
Part of my weekly review – with thanks to Michael Hyatt for this idea.
Win: Posting on Hybrid Consonance – this blog – according to schedule.
I achieved my goal of posting five days a week, Monday to Friday – again. That’s two weeks in a row. See my post one week ago.
Win: Gaining readers like you. Thank you! I’d love to know more about you, so please, get in touch, and if you can, take the time to fill in my quick survey!
Preview Next Week On Hybrid Consonance
Again, thanks to Michael Hyatt, who combines his review and preview into a ‘Weekly (P)review.’
I’m still waiting for my copy of Digital Minimalism to arrive – speaking of which…
1. [I’ve already posted this two weeks in a row – but I promise, as soon as I read the book, you’ll hear about it!] On February the 5th Cal Newport released “Digital Minimalism.” My analog copy is STILL on its way, and unlike Newport who sometimes gets impatient with waiting for the physical book, I’ve held off on buying a kindle copy for now. Once my copy arrives, I’ll devour it and create a summary for you, my readers, and tweet, blog, and share it on all things digital… and then
see if I’ll take his advice about closing down all social media accounts determine how to apply his latest advice on (re)-considering my use of social media.
2. In celebration of 1., and because I may not receive my copy at the same time as my US readers post a part 2 of a summary of “So Good They Can’t Ignore You” – also by Cal Newport. He’s also the author of ”Deep Work.” It is a wonderful introduction to the focus and depth of work made possible by drawing tight boundaries on your time and energy. Highly recommended.
3. You will continue to see new posts every weekday. I’ll explain a bit more about Holistic High Performance a.k.a. Hybrid Consonance: the art of growing talent, focusing on work that matters, and blending cultural intelligence into a ongoing dynamic life that is personally and professionally satisfying. In other words, applying principles of Deep Work, Deliberate Practice, and Cultural Intelligence.
Move on Monday: A focus on movement, exercise, our physical wellbeing.
Talk On Tuesday: One day this will evolve into a podcast or interview series. For now, I talk about topical issues – lately, it’s been Digital Minimalism.
Work On Wednesday: A focus on my work as a music educator – but extrapolating to your life, personally and professionally.
Think It Through Thursday: A deeper look at key issues that shape Hybrid Consonance.
Full Cup Friday: Like today, I’ll share three tips, wins and highlights, and a preview of the week to come on Hybrid Consonance.
I’d love to hear your thoughts, your tips, and your wins! And, as I want to serve you better in the future, would you consider filling in this survey?